I forgot my iPad® in the rideshare vehicle I took to lunch yesterday afternoon.
Rideshare Protection from Mastercard may protect you against lost or stolen items that happened during a trip in a rideshare vehicle, when paying for the rideshare cost with your eligible Mastercard.
How It Works
- You must use an authorized rideshare company.
- You must pay for the rideshare trip with your eligible Mastercard.
- Follow your Rideshare’s procedures for reporting lost/stolen items within 24 hours. (Proof of the contact and results will be needed for the claim process.)
- Coverage may be provided for the lesser of: ACV (actual cash value) or replacement cost of the item.
- You will need to provide the following:
- Card statement showing the payment of the rideshare trip.
- Supports that you contacted the rideshare driver about the loss.
- Copy of the original purchase receipt/replacement receipt.
- Copy of the police report if the item (s) were stolen.
- Completed and notarized Affidavit of Loss form.
- Copy of the declaration page of any applicable insurance.
- Please file your claim as soon as you notice the item is missing.
- You will need the following information to file your claim.
- Details about your item
- Details about the rideshare trip
- Details about any compensation received from the Rideshare Company
- Police Report details if the item was stolen
toll-free 1-800-MASTERCARD (1-800-627-8372)
Good to Know
- Once we receive all documents required, we will review your claim.
- You can check the status of your claim at any time by logging onto: www.mycardbenefits.com.
- Once your claim is approved, we will communicate the reimbursement amount minus the applicable deductible, based on the terms and conditions of the program for your particular Mastercard.
- Coverage is Excess to any other applicable insurance
- Please refer to the terms and conditions of the program for your particular card product for exclusions.
Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions and exclusions of the Policies applicable to your Card, as specified by the underwriter, and is subject to change with notice. This site does not supplement or replace the Policy and/or Program Terms.
Submission of a claim does not guarantee coverage or coverage availability.
Mastercard® International Incorporated and its affiliates ("Mastercard") sponsor various insurance benefits provided to cardholders by the Member Companies of AIG Insurance Company (“AIG”) as the insurance provider and/or corresponding reinsurer, if applicable. This website (the "Website") is operated by Sedgwick Claims Management Services Inc. ("Sedgwick") and provides claims management services on behalf of AIG.
Mastercard is neither a licensed insurer nor a licensed insurance intermediary, and does not sell, solicit, nor provide advice on insurance products in your jurisdiction. Mastercard does not collect premiums from, or details of claims submitted by, you in relation to relevant insurance products. Mastercard is not in any way responsible for the handling, disposition or payment of any claim submitted via the Website or otherwise. Any insurance claim filed pursuant to your Mastercard sponsored insurance program on this Website will be reviewed by and, if accepted, will be paid by Sedgwick or AIG directly to you and not via Mastercard or this Website. Any claim related documentation uploaded in connection with this Website is solely for the purpose of claim filing with AIG. Mastercard does not act as agent for you or AIG.
AIG is the controller of the data provided by you to the Website in connection with any insurance claim and AIG and Sedgwick are the data processors of such data. By executing this application or by entering your information into this page, you consent to AIG and Sedgwick processing data relating to you for the purposes of providing insurance services, legal, administrative and management purposes and in particular to the processing of any sensitive personal data relating to you. You further consent to your data being processed by AIG, Sedgwick, those who provide products or services to AIG or any of AIG’s affiliates or group of companies, and regulatory authorities, within and outside your country of domicile. Mastercard is neither a controller nor a processor for purposes of handling data and receives no data and accepts no responsibility either jointly or severally, for any loss or damage arising in any way from the transmission of your information.
Mastercard® does not underwrite any insurance business or otherwise act as an insurer or insurance advisor. American International Group, Inc. (AIG) or their authorized representative, and not Mastercard, is providing the relevant insurance benefits. Mastercard does not advise any person on the merits of buying, selling, or subscribing for a contract of insurance. Aside from fees related to its services rendered to administer this benefits program, Mastercard does not collect a fee or other remuneration for this insurance program directly from Mastercard cardholders.
If you have any queries in relation to the subject insurance products, please contact AIG directly.