I was on vacation in Hawaii, and was involved in a accident with my rental car
MasterRental may provide coverage for covered damages (physical damage and theft) to a rental vehicle when your eligible Mastercard is used to initiate and pay for the entire rental transaction.
How It Works
- You must initiate and pay for the entire rental transaction using your eligible Mastercard.
- Decline the collision/loss damage waiver offered by the car rental company.
- List yourself, the Cardholder, as the primary renter on the car rental agreement.
- You will need to provide your rental car agreement, card statement with record of rental, and any paperwork received from the Car Rental Company.
- Please file your claim as soon as any damages have happened to the rental car.
- You will need the following information to file your claim:
- Your rental car agreement.
- Details about the incident.
- Police report (if applicable).
toll-free 1-800-MASTERCARD (1-800-627-8372)
Good to Know
- We will also work on your behalf to obtain necessary paperwork from the Car Rental Company for your claim.
- Once we receive all the documents required, we will review your claim.
- You can check the status of your claim at any time by logging onto: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your claim is approved, we will communicate the reimbursement amount based on the terms and conditions of the program for your particular Mastercard.
- Please refer to the terms and conditions of the program for your particular card product for exclusions.
Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions and exclusions of the Policies applicable to your Card, as specified by the underwriter, and is subject to change with notice. This site does not supplement or replace the Policy and/or Program Terms.
Submission of a claim does not guarantee coverage or coverage availability.
Mastercard® International Incorporated and its affiliates ("Mastercard") sponsor various insurance benefits provided to cardholders by the Member Companies of AIG Insurance Company (“AIG”) as the insurance provider and/or corresponding reinsurer, if applicable. This website (the "Website") is operated by Sedgwick Claims Management Services Inc. ("Sedgwick") and provides claims management services on behalf of AIG.
Mastercard is neither a licensed insurer nor a licensed insurance intermediary, and does not sell, solicit, nor provide advice on insurance products in your jurisdiction. Mastercard does not collect premiums from, or details of claims submitted by, you in relation to relevant insurance products. Mastercard is not in any way responsible for the handling, disposition or payment of any claim submitted via the Website or otherwise. Any insurance claim filed pursuant to your Mastercard sponsored insurance program on this Website will be reviewed by and, if accepted, will be paid by Sedgwick or AIG directly to you and not via Mastercard or this Website. Any claim related documentation uploaded in connection with this Website is solely for the purpose of claim filing with AIG. Mastercard does not act as agent for you or AIG.
AIG is the controller of the data provided by you to the Website in connection with any insurance claim and AIG and Sedgwick are the data processors of such data. By executing this application or by entering your information into this page, you consent to AIG and Sedgwick processing data relating to you for the purposes of providing insurance services, legal, administrative and management purposes and in particular to the processing of any sensitive personal data relating to you. You further consent to your data being processed by AIG, Sedgwick, those who provide products or services to AIG or any of AIG’s affiliates or group of companies, and regulatory authorities, within and outside your country of domicile. Mastercard is neither a controller nor a processor for purposes of handling data and receives no data and accepts no responsibility either jointly or severally, for any loss or damage arising in any way from the transmission of your information.
Mastercard® does not underwrite any insurance business or otherwise act as an insurer or insurance advisor. American International Group, Inc. (AIG) or their authorized representative, and not Mastercard, is providing the relevant insurance benefits. Mastercard does not advise any person on the merits of buying, selling, or subscribing for a contract of insurance. Aside from fees related to its services rendered to administer this benefits program, Mastercard does not collect a fee or other remuneration for this insurance program directly from Mastercard cardholders.
If you have any queries in relation to the subject insurance products, please contact AIG directly.