Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement
I have expenses from restoring my identity from a theft.
The Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement benefit may reimburse you for eligible expenses incurred to restore your identity.
How It Works
- Mastercard will reimburse you for eligible expenses you incur as a result of identity fraud.
- Coverage is Excess to any other applicable insurance or indemnity the eligible person may have.
toll-free 1-800-MASTERCARD (1-800-627-8372)
Good to Know
- Eligible expense(s) means reasonable and necessary attorney fees or court costs, actual U.S. wages lost, loan applications fees, notarizing affidavits or other similar document cost, long distance telephone cost, and postage cost you may have incurred as a direct result of identity fraud.
- Coverage is limited to only those amounts not covered by any other insurance or coverage benefit.
- Please refer to the terms and conditions of the program for your particular card product for exclusions.
- You can check the status of your claim at any time by logging onto: www.mycardbenefits.com
- Note: Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement is not available to residents of the state of New York.
Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions and exclusions of the Policies applicable to your Card, as specified by the underwriter, and is subject to change with notice. This site does not supplement or replace the Policy and/or Program Terms.
Submission of a claim does not guarantee coverage or coverage availability.
Mastercard® International Incorporated and its affiliates ("Mastercard") sponsor various insurance benefits provided to cardholders by the Member Companies of AIG Insurance Company (“AIG”) as the insurance provider and/or corresponding reinsurer, if applicable. This website (the "Website") is operated by Sedgwick Claims Management Services Inc. ("Sedgwick") and provides claims management services on behalf of AIG.
Mastercard is neither a licensed insurer nor a licensed insurance intermediary, and does not sell, solicit, nor provide advice on insurance products in your jurisdiction. Mastercard does not collect premiums from, or details of claims submitted by, you in relation to relevant insurance products. Mastercard is not in any way responsible for the handling, disposition or payment of any claim submitted via the Website or otherwise. Any insurance claim filed pursuant to your Mastercard sponsored insurance program on this Website will be reviewed by and, if accepted, will be paid by Sedgwick or AIG directly to you and not via Mastercard or this Website. Any claim related documentation uploaded in connection with this Website is solely for the purpose of claim filing with AIG. Mastercard does not act as agent for you or AIG.
AIG is the controller of the data provided by you to the Website in connection with any insurance claim and AIG and Sedgwick are the data processors of such data. By executing this application or by entering your information into this page, you consent to AIG and Sedgwick processing data relating to you for the purposes of providing insurance services, legal, administrative and management purposes and in particular to the processing of any sensitive personal data relating to you. You further consent to your data being processed by AIG, Sedgwick, those who provide products or services to AIG or any of AIG’s affiliates or group of companies, and regulatory authorities, within and outside your country of domicile. Mastercard is neither a controller nor a processor for purposes of handling data and receives no data and accepts no responsibility either jointly or severally, for any loss or damage arising in any way from the transmission of your information.
If you have any queries in relation to the subject insurance products, please contact AIG directly.